Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Crafty Christmas

I love Christmas, pretty lights everywhere, Shakin' Stevens on repeat (Merry Christmas Everyone = best Christmas song ever) and drinking mulled wine at every possible opportunity. The only thing guaranteed to ruin my Christmas cheer is the idea of having to go Christmas shopping. If your loved ones have been kind enough to give you a Christmas list, you end up manically trawling through every single shop trying to find something, anything from said list. If you don't have a list and have to freestyle, you end up having a panic attack trying to find something they might like and grabbing a toiletries gift set from BHS five minutes before the shops close. A gift set they'll probably shove in the back of cupboard and only use seven months later when they've discovered they've run out of shower gel.
To avoid the crowds and any possible Christmas shopping disasters I decided this year to make a lot of my Christmas gifts. Homemade gifts can have a bit of a bad rep, but steer clear of the poster paint and cotton wool balls and you can create something really lovely and unique for your loved ones.
All the crafts I blog about are pretty simple and can be made pretty last minute. I try and and use things that are easily available from craft shops and car boot sales, as long as you have a good supply of glue you're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment